09 August, 2011

Been Slacking

Sorry I haven't been keeping this up to date.

I have been (too) busy at work, and everything outside has been suffering.

I will be getting my Big M recap up shortly, but in case you haven't had your fix, here is Pongos recap of the Tree Fort Relay that we did on 23JUL11.

http://motor-club-6.blogspot.com/2011/07/clubs-first-race-result.html

It is a pretty good recount, although it doesn't eeally focus on my awesomeness.
Although Pongo had child issues, I was at work past midnight the day before (morning of?) only to get back up at 5:30 to head to the race.   I chose the SS, as I was not familiar with the course, so I wanted to ensure I was not caught in the wrong gear.  I think with a bit more climbing, my times would have been more favorable compared tot he leaders.  I was lagging on my first lap, so instead of doing 2, I came in and got sugared up for my second trip around.  I "felt" faster the second lap, although my time was pretty much the same.  I guess that is good, as some of the other teams came out FAST but fizzeled on the second lap.

It was good meeting some new people, and the Farm race was a good time.  I am not sure if I am ready to become a full-time Motor clubber, but I will be back there next year, if they'll have me!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After rereading the Motor Club blog, I am not sure where you get the idea that your "awesomeness" wasn't focused on. I think the author represented you well. I had to rereaed it as it has been a week or so since I last looked at it.

    ReplyDelete