10 January, 2011

Bulking Up!

Well, race season is quickly approaching.  Judging by the clock on the right of this page, it will be here before we know it.  Barry-Roubaix will be the first race, but I consider the season starting at Yankee Springs.

So after spending the last 6 months eating food to starve a bird, I am throwing the switch.  I nearly doubled my caloric intake, and for the next 6 weeks will be doubling my efforts to add weight.  I know this will throw my "Race weight by 17APR11" goal into jeopardy, but I think it will be a benefit for my SS racing.

Maybe some of my pants will again be fitting me, and my cycling bibs will no longer need a belt.  I still will always be "patas de pollo" around home, but hopefully people won't say I look like an emaciated Andy Schleck and I can make it up Boyne Mountain without walking this year.

So far today, I have eaten 2 breakfasts and lunch, and have had 75% of what I would normally eat in a day.  I am stuffed, and dreading the other 3 meals I still have yet to eat.

I guess if things don't work out, I can just move into Clydesdale!

No comments:

Post a Comment